stolen from inspired by Crazy Aunt Pearl…
“I am a list maker….I make lists when I am stressed out, tired, lonely, bored, busy, frantic, drinking coffee, watching TV….Sometimes I make lists of things I have already completed just so I can draw a thick line through them and feel very accomplished. I hope you make lists, too, because I truly believe there is nothing a list can’t cure. Just the very act of making the list makes you feel better. Like you are ON TOP of this thing! You have it under control! You have… A LIST! “
My 2006 List of TO-DOs and TO-DON’Ts
• No more late fees at the library. I mean, really. That is just sad.
• Stop buying stuff that I don’t need.
The Size Of My Ass:
• Eat healthy stuff
• Get active – do yoga or pilates, use the weights, the balance ball…
• Drink more tea (start drinking white, drink more green)
• Drink more water.
• Use less sugar.
Personal Good Stuff & Leaving The House:
• Every day, choose happy over sad, free over constrained, liberated over abandoned, and laugh a lot. Wake up the next day and repeat.
• Plant a successful garden – tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, other flowers from seed!
• Go on a trip. (Crayola Factory with Betsy, Washington DC before Jen leaves)
• Visit my grandma, at least call her often and send her lots of happy mail.
• Stop procrastinating. Just stop it already.
• Moisturize. Constantly. You know you need it (especially when hubby says “I can tell where you lotioned and where you didn’t!) And it doesn’t matter if you can’t reach. Ask for help.
• Make a dentist appointment.
• Get a new girlie doctor
• Get a skin scan? Something to make sure the moles and freckles are ok and not bad.
• Host Easter dinner for the families.
• Work hard. Make deadlines a day early.
• Look at all the options.
• Have a positive attitude. Especially at work and with all co-workers. Suit up, show up and act as if….
• Send thank-you notes
• Send mail. Lots of it. Cards, postcards, notes.
• Be on time with mail as needed (holidays, birthdays, etc)
Make Resolutions List and check it monthly to strike things out.
Knitting & Crafts:
• Make Nana chemo caps (Shedir, Berocco Chincilla, & __________ _
• Make a sweater. Wear the sweater.
• Make the Mac & Me ruffle scarf.
• Make the rainbow scarf from LMKGM
• Make socks. Wear the knitted socks.
• Learn to embroider (You already have the Sublime Stitching Starter Kit, and Stitch-It-Kit)
• Use the sewing machine. Even if it’s only to make stuff for Jackson.
• Learn to crochet.
• Get good at crochet to attempt amigurumi.
Finally… The Not-To-Do List:
• Don’t say “yes” to things just because someone springs them on me at the last minute. Instead, say “Let me think about it and get back to you.”
• Time is sparse, life if short. Don’t waste it on useless things, people, memories, obligations.
• Don’t worry about stuff I can’t change anyway.
• Don’t expect other people to live by my values.
• Don’t compromise my values for anyone.
• Don’t choose the known over the unknown just because it’s comfortable.
• Don’t waste time on stupid stuff or mean stuff. Frequently ask myself “Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?”
• Don’t minimize success.
To list is to live. To list online is to live out loud!