I think 2006 was a pretty good year. I accomplished quite a bit with knitting and gardening. Dan and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary. I spent a lot of quality time with my friends. My family can talk about Grampa with more smiles and less tears. Nana looks and feels better. We hosted Easter and Thanksgiving and other parties. The dog started to behave himself a little better even!
Looking ahead to 2007
* Watch it. Save it. Avoid buying useless space taking stuff.
Health & Body:
* Do yoga. Write it down on the calendar to keep track.
* Drink more water. Keep filling the SIGG / Nalgene bottles in the fridge.
* Go Green with more products.
* Go organic with more products.
* Use up what you have before buying the next bottle of lotion, soap, etc.
Personal & Getting Out:
* Travel (Ireland, here we come!)
* Grow an even bigger / better garden.
* Take a photo everday (keep a photoblog for the photos)
* Floss (Make dentis appointment)
* Stop procrastinating.
* Follow through.
* Scan skin.
* Send mail.
Knitting & Crafts
* I’ve come up with an list of the online patterns I want to work through.
* Sort through the books / magazines.
* Keep on crafting.
* Crochet (and amigurumi)
* Use the sewing machine
* Complete the KALs and post pictures!!
Reviewing from my post this time last year (05-06) – short form…
My 2006 List of TO-DOs and TO-DON’Ts
• No more late fees at the library. I mean, really. That is just sad.
It’s still sad. I just never went back to the library. Plan to remedy this
• Stop buying stuff that I don’t need.
Accomplished marginally. Briefly.
The Size Of My Ass:
• Eat healthy stuff Getting better
• Get active – do yoga or pilates, use the weights, the balance ball…Didn’t really do this
• Drink more tea (start drinking white, drink more green)Kinda did
• Drink more water. Sometimes
• Use less sugar. didn’t happen
Personal Good Stuff & Leaving The House:
• Every day, choose happy over sad, free over constrained, liberated over abandoned, and laugh a lot. Wake up the next day and repeat. • Plant a successful garden – tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, other flowers from seed! • Go on a trip.Went to DC twice! • Visit my grandma, at least call her often and send her lots of happy mail.
• Stop procrastinating. Just stop it already.Still an issue
• Moisturize. Constantly. You know you need it (especially when hubby says “I can tell where you lotioned and where you didn’t!) And it doesn’t matter if you can’t reach. Ask for help. Still an issue
• Floss. Perpetual disappointment
• Make a dentist appointment. After the nonstop dental insurance issues with Dan, I have avoided this task. I know there will be cavaties.
• Get a new girlie doctor
• Get a skin scan? Something to make sure the moles and freckles are ok and not bad.Must Do
• Host Easter dinner for the families.
• Work hard. Make deadlines a day early. Working hard, but deadlines suck
• Look at all the options.
• Have a positive attitude. Especially at work and with all co-workers. Suit up, show up and act as if….
• Send thank-you notes • Send mail. Lots of it. Cards, postcards, notes.
• Be on time with mail as needed (holidays, birthdays, etc)
• Make Resolutions List and check it monthly to strike things out.
Knitting & Crafts:
• Make Nana chemo caps (Shedir)
• Make a sweater. Wear the sweater.
• Make the Mac & Me ruffle scarf. • Make the rainbow scarf from LMKGM • Make socks. Wear the knitted socks.
• Learn to embroider (You already have the Sublime Stitching Starter Kit, and Stitch-It-Kit)
• Use the sewing machine. Even if it’s only to make stuff for Jackson.
• Learn to crochet.
• Get good at crochet to attempt amigurumi.
Finally… The Not-To-Do List:
• Don’t say “yes” to things just because someone springs them on me at the last minute. Instead, say “Let me think about it and get back to you.”
• Time is sparse, life if short. Don’t waste it on useless things, people, memories, obligations.
• Don’t worry about stuff I can’t change anyway.
• Don’t expect other people to live by my values.
• Don’t compromise my values for anyone.
• Don’t choose the known over the unknown just because it’s comfortable.
• Don’t waste time on stupid stuff or mean stuff. Frequently ask myself “Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?”
• Don’t minimize success.