Photos of knitting are coming. Really. Life somehow keeps interferring. Here are the highlights of my weekend.
1) My brother had a comedy show this weekend. He was fantastic! And even better, this show was a contest and he was one of two winners that get to perform for an HBO booker for an HBO comedy show! I’m so proud! He’s really got a gift for stand-up.
2) Met with a pediatrician for the baby-to-be. She knows about Gilmore Girls. Awesome.
3) Got a letter from my former place of employment that “due to nonpayment of premiums, Connecticare has terminated the health insurance plan” – even mine that I was COBRA-ing. This I don’t need. 8 months pregnant. 3 doctor appointments between now and November 1st. One of which is this Friday. I hope (but have no idea) that on Monday I can call them, offer to pay, and get back insured with them immediately.
4) Talked with my grandmother this morning. Told her about how I won a ribbon at the town fair for the knitted socks. She replies with “Oh, that reminds me, I need you to make me something!” Sure, for Gram, anything. “I want you to make me a doorknob cover. Round. White or navy blue or whatever you have. Right now I’ve got a sock and an elastic on there. You’re the only one who knits!” Any ideas? I’ll use the powers of google-foo and ravelry…
5) On the way back from the trip to New York, on the train, a gal sat down next to me – I spotted her magazine – the latest Interweave Knits! A knitter!!!! So I asked her what she was working on (Tilted Duster gauge swatch, I’m impressed by her attention to the detail with that!) and she showed me a beautiful shawl she recently finished. And lucky gal, she’s going to Rhinebeck!! Of course ravelry came up and we exchanged user names for that – I sent her a message. I hope I don’t appear stalkerish but hey, you gotta keep the knitting community going, right?