A few summers ago I bought two big round chairs at Target (Papason?). They are comfortable to curl up and read in, have room to knit, but we used to joke that wouldn’t it be nice if Jackson would sit in there? Last year (2006) around Christmas, he would go sit in the chair – it was diagonally across the room from our dining table, so I think he liked it because he could see us. Over the summer he would go to the chair when it was too hot to sit on us. He is getting better about going to his chair during the day or night when either we don’t sit and give him a lap, or when he’s tired. Yesterday I put Lorelai in the chair and lured him with treats. He didn’t seem to mind… too much!
My 101 List Update, Revisions, Additions & Subtractions.
I’ve completed 4 things (#46 56, 76, 79). I’ve got lots “in progress”.
16. Cook one new recipe a month (2/33) – The two I tried so far were not so wonderful. I don’t mind trying new things so I will continue. I am fairly certain I will get to 33 well before the end of the 1001 days.
17. Drink 2-3 Liters of water a day. – Between the Nalgene bottle and a big poland spring bottle that I always keep in the fridge, I’m doing pretty well with this one. It’s harder now that I’m not pregnant (and therefore, not thirsty) but I’m making it work.
20. Knit 30 socks (15 pairs) (1/30) – Bartholmew Sock #1
22. Knit two mitered squares a month. (1/66) – The second one for this month I’ll do tonight.
24. Update the blog once a week for a year. (3/52)
27. Floss twice a week (4/286) – I’m slipping on this one. Even at once a week though, I’m flossing WAY more than I used to do. Keep it up, me!
31. Start doing yoga once a week, build up to three times a week. – After Steve Ross kicked my ass, I’ve been sluggish. I did a 20-minute yoga last week, and haven’t done anything else since. Shame on me.
32. Take Jackson for a walk daily, weather permitting. (Let’s face it, he’s a dachshund and doesn’t fare well in cold, wet, or snow) – Meh. New England in the winter.
33. Save $1 for every item completed from this list. – I’ve got my $4 stashed away.
35. Read 10 books. (2/10) – Two down and they were both great! Onto #3, The Tender Bar.
36. Create a coordinated Halloween costume for Lorelai and Jackson. – It’s all in my head, but I’ve got ideas.
38. Clean out and organize the junk drawers in the kitchen (1/2) – One down.
39. Write recipes on recipe cards as needed. No more torn out from magazine papers! – I’m writing the recipes down as I use them. Good way to sort through things I’ve previously torn out.
40. Send the grandparents a card / Lorelai photo once a month (2/33) – January, done.
41. Post an Update of my 101 each month (1/33)
48. Clean out email inbox and maintain so there’s never more than 100 messages in there at a time. – This is taking a lot longer than I thought it would!
50. Buy 5 gifts from etsy.com each year (1/15)
55. Get back to at least my prepregnancy weight (minus an extra 5 – 7 pounds)
58. Complete 20 projects using stash yarn (1/20) – Snowman Hat
59. Knit 30 baby hats for charity, donate in Lorelai’s name. (1/30)
73. Knit three projects from each knitting book I own. Snowman Hat.
74. Join a local mom+baby group.
77. Expose myself to new music: Listen to one new artist a week (1/143) – I bought “The Weepies” cd from iTunes. I’ve been listening to the music channels on tv to hear new music, and pandora, but haven’t invested in anything else yet. Must step this up.
78. See if the nerds / geeks can rescue the data from the Dell hard drive. – Waiting to hear back from them.
85. Go to one SnB meetup a month (1/33) – I went to one, took Lorelai to another, and it seems like there is an informal one in town forming. Yay!
88. Reorganize cosmetics / lotions / soaps / etc in bathroom. – Ugh. Too much stuff.
89. Improve cleaning efforts – once a week: kitchen floor, bathroom, dust. (1/143) – Well, it’s neater around here. I’m lurking about the FLYlady.
90. Answer questions that are asked (yes or no! not my own answer)
91. Attempt to lessen the carbon footprint of this household.
94. Use the canvas / knit bags not plastic when shopping.
97. Read more than just the Art section of the New York Times Weekend Edition (\2/143) – I really like the Sunday Styles, Book Review, Magazine
101. Smile everyday. Be a good example / role model for my daughter. Be a good wife to my husband.
Revisions / Subtractions
11. Join Stroller Strides and attend class once a week. (0/143) – I emailed the group and never heard back from them, so this one is going out the window. #11 will now be changed to “Attend a sheep and wool festival in CT.”
21. Knit an afghan for J&J wedding. Deadline: June,2008. – I’ve decided that J would probably not appreciate an afghan. I’ll buy them something off a registry. Instead, I want to make the “Heirloom Ring Blanket” for my mom. Deadline: December 2008.
37. After using the Christmas Gift Certificates, no yarn buying until my birthday. Exception: Yarn for J&J Wedding afghan – I’m going to allow myself to purchase yarn with the condition that an equal (or greater) amount leaves the house. I bought yarn when I went to SnB two weeks ago, so I brought 3 bags (a mix of stuff) to SnB last week and came home with very little of it! Score! As I bought sock yarn from the Loopy Ewe and Eat.Sleep.Knit and will not feel bad about it.
Happy Two Months, Lorelai!
Someone, I forget who, decorated this onesie at my baby shower. It reads, “If you think I’m cute you should meet Jackson” – and boy, do we ever think she is cute! How can she get cuter every day? And she still has all that hair! Makes her look older, which is funny because at each of the baby groups we have attended, she’s the youngest! She’s full of smiles and is making more “talkative” noises, no longer solely crying.
I finished this blanket last week or just before. I bought the yarn back in May when Betsy and I went to Webs. I started it, but stopped because I got superstitious… I picked it up and put it down many times, more so towards the end of my pregnancy, but didn’t finish it before Lorelai arrived! I love it – I used blue sky organic cotton. Didn’t bother to block it. Great for tv knitting, I would make this again or even make it larger for an adult.
Here’s a cuter picture of her:
See the little thing in her hair? It’s a little flower clip from etsy shop PrettyinPaper (she’s changing her shop name to PrettyInPosies) – The clips stay in her hair pretty well and they are very cute!
Photo-heavy post. We can start with knitting – when Lorelai is wrapped up in the moby wrap, I have my hands free to type, blog, knit, etc – see?
She doesn’t look very comfortable, but it worked for our walk and she’s been snoozing in it / on me for the last 30 minutes or so. Here are the photos pre / post walk:
It is one of those nice New England in winter days – nice in the sun, not windy – just right for a walk if you bundle up properly. So, she was wrapped and tucked into the moby wrap, with a hat (direct from Peru thanks to Uncle Dan and Aunt Virginia), and I wore / zipped up Dan’s fleece that fit over both of us. Worked well, and we all (Jackson included) got some fresh air. I may have to do this for SnB!
I couldn’t believe when I heard the news on the radio about Heath Ledger!
I loved him in “10 Things I Hate About You”, “A Knight’s Tale”, “The Patriot”, “Brokeback Mountain” and “Monster’s Ball”…looking forward to the “Dark Knight”… So much talent, so sad.
I’ve got to take photos, but I’ve finished Lorelai’s baby blanket, and one of the Bartholomew’s tantalizing socks. The Amelie dress is just about seamed and needs buttons.
I did buy yarn at the SnB this week, I shouldn’t have (according to my 1001 list), but I’ve decided to modify that – I’ll work to not buy yarn, but if I do, some other yarn must go – next SnB I’ll be bringing a bag of yarn in need of a good home, equal quantities to what I bought. That should work.
I came across the link to this on another blog: The Modern Letter Project – how cool is that? I’m signing up, as I am a snail mail junkie and miss having pen pals. I used to have a bunch – I can remember my mom telling me I had to pay for the postage because it was getting expensive – back when the postage was 25 cents!
I got a box of stash yarn loaded onto ravelry today. Go me.