I’m trying to create a hat for Lorelai – I’m using other patterns as a guideline and this is the version 1. So far, I’m not too sure. There is a mistake in the brim, and it’s not quite big enough for me – nor is it small enough for Lorelai. So, yeah. I may or may not finish this one now – I think I would rather start anew – I have a different idea now.
This weekend went by in a bit of a blur. We had friends and their dog down for the weekend. Their dog Bailee is a bassett hound and Lorelai thought he was just the funniest thing ever. Poor Jackson 🙂 We saw “The Dark Knight” – OMG. I thougth it was very well done, raised some interesting points, had a good story flow, Christian Bale is growing on me, I still adore Heath Ledger. Violent though – I covered my eyes several times.
Friday I finshed the “Laurel Toddler’s Basketweave Cardigan” I knit for Schaefer. I am pretty sure the colorway is Emily Dickinson The best buttons I had were a kind of raspberry, and I think they add a punch of color:
With the completion of that project I can return to some lingering projects. I’ve got Lorelai’s Halloween costume in progress (I’m one of those people who hates seasonal items out of season – like Christmas items for sale before Thanksgiving, etc. I saw candy corn for sale at the grocery store already. UGH. But to make something seasonal is different right?) I really want to get going on my Central Park Hoodie (need needles) and I’ve signed up for the Ravelympics Afghan Marathon for a gift for my mom (hoo-boy, if I finish that I’ll be thrilled!)
Possibly there’s more destashing to be done as well. My “craft room” looks like a hurrican hit – i’ve got yarn / magazines / needles all over the room trying to sort through it and get a plan together. Should get back to that now actually.
Fifty things you didn’t know about me. At least I don’t think you do.
1. Do you like blue cheese? Sometimes.
2. Have you ever smoked a cigarette? Yes, hated it.
3. Do you own a gun? No
4. What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic? I’ve never been to Sonic!
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? No.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Dachshunds!
7. Favorite Christmas Song? Nat King Cole’s “Christmas Song”
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Coffee & orange juice
9. Can you do push ups? one or two
10. Favorite movie? Say Anything, Singin’ in the Rain
11. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? my engagement ring
12. Favorite hobby? knitting and photography
13. Do you work with people who idolize you? Sure, Lorelai doesn’t really know anyone else, and I’m the source of Jackson’s treats
14. Do you have ADD? no
15. What’s one trait that you hate about yourself? I’ll answer it later (procrastination)
16. Middle name? Given: Mary but Officially: My maiden name
17. Three thoughts at this moment: I wish it wasn’t so hot / humid, I hope Lorelai is having a good nap, I should be working on that sweater…
18. Three things you bought yesterday. blueberries, peas, peppers
19. Name 3 drinks you drink regularly. Coffee, orange juice, water
20. Current worry right now? my brother is off on a two week hiking trip by himself
21. Current hate right now? drug commercials
22. Favorite place to be? laughing with family / friends
23. How did you bring in the New Year? We had dinner with the in-laws.
24. Where would you like to go? the beach, New York City
25. Name three people who will complete this. whoever else feels like it!
26. Who’s answer do you want to read the most? Um, see #25
27. What color shirt are you wearing? black t-shirt
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Can’t say I’ve had the opportunity
29. Can you whistle? yes, but my mom can’t!
30. Favorite color? ocean blues
31. Would you be a pirate? I’ve got a little of the Captain in me.
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? I don’t
33. Favorite girl’s name? Lorelai
34. Favorite boy’s name? Nathaniel
35.What’s in your pocket right now? lint
36. Last thing that made you laugh? Lorelai
37. Best bed sheets as a child? flannel penguin sheets
38. Worst injury you’ve ever had? giving birth
39. Do you love where you live? I love the people I’m with, I love the people I’m near. This isn’t a perfect town, but I love New England, so I’m content
40. How many TVs do you have in your house? 2
41. Who is your loudest friend? Betsy when she gets going
42. How many dogs do you have? 1
43. Does someone have a crush on you? Just my husband
44. If you could marry a movie actor/actress who would it be? Brad Pitt
45. What is your favorite book? Little House on the Prairie
46. What is your favorite candy? Mike & Ikes, Jellybeans, good’N’fruity
47. Who is your favorite sports team? Jets, I guess.
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? I have no idea… Time to Say Goodbye (Andrea Bocelli)
49. What were you doing at 12 AM last night? sleeping
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up this morning? That was not a good dream.
Man, now that she’s moving (all over the place, and she’s fast too!) – it’s hard to get a not-blurry picture! Anyway, I was shelling peas this morning for the next batch of baby food (peas and carrots) and Lorelai was exploring plastic measuring spoons, a wooden spoon and a pot. Good times!