This is tough. I’m totally copying theatreknitter – and also avoiding any housework.
The game goes like this:
1. Grab your iPod or other MP3 player and randomize your songs.
2. Type the first line/phrase of the first 20-40 songs that come up (you can skip one if the first line is, say, the actual title of the song).
3. Anyone can try and guess the title of the song by commenting on this note.
4. When the title has been guessed, bold out the lyric and add the name of the person who guessed it.
5. NO cheating by using search engines to find answers.
1. I am a blessing manifested
2. She takes the blame / she covers the shame / removes the stain / it could be her name
3. I pulled out with the mountain laurel blooming / on a dirt road that is soon to be paved
4. What moon songs / do you sing your babies
5. six a.m. / day after christmas
6. it wasn’t long before I lived with her / I sang her songs while she dyed my hair
7. I say my hell is the closet I’m stuck inside / can’t see the light
8. Nothing so loud / as hearing when we lie / truth is not kind / and you’ve said neither am I
9. New York City / Center of the Universe
10. Sleeping through the evening / seeing dreams inside my head / I’m heading out / I’ve got some ins who say they care
11. In the day we sweat it out in the streets of a runaway American dream
12. I was doin’ nothing special after 11 / oh we learned some tunes and wrote some songs
13. Go to Fred Segal / you’ll find them there / Laughing loud so all the people stare
14. sarcastic mister know it all
15. There’s gotta be a record of you somewhere / You gotta be on somebody’s books
16. I was on the outside when you said / You said you needed me / I was looking at myself / I was blind / I couldn’t see
17. There are places I remember / All my life though some have changed
18. I never loved nobody fully / always one foot on the ground
19. I like the way that they walk / And it’s chill to hear them talk
20. I seek to understand me / All of my impurities and evils yet unknown
21. In these days and these hours of fury / When the darkness and answers are thin /
Lovers come and check out in a hurry / Shallow and hollow again
22. He’s been waiting around for the weekend / Figuring which club to sneak in
23. I am walking / out in the rain / and I am listening to the low moan / of the dial tone again (Bets, she may be to me what Alanis is to you)
24. Way down here you need a reason to move
25. I’m doin’ this tonight / You’re probably gonna start a fight / I know this can’t be right.
26. All that phoney Beatlemania has bitten the dust
27. They stand in the way of love / And we will smoke them all / With an intellect and a savoir-faire
28. Woke up cold one Tuesday / I’m looking tired and feeling quite sick
29. Who can be the boss? / Look up to the cross / Stranded in the land of the lost / Standin up, I’m sideways
30. Well youre the real tough cookie with the long history
31. Her face is a map of the world
32. I keep a close watch on this heart of mine
33. I can’t help my feelings / I’ll go out of my mind.
34. Take ’em out the hood / Keep ’em looking good
35. We’d hit the bottom / I thought it was my fault / And in a way I guess it was
36. I could see the city light / Wind was blowing, time stood still
37. This is morning / That’s when I spend the most time / Thinking ’bout what I’ve given up]
38. The bravest thing I’ve ever done / was to run away and hide / but not this time
39. I’m not aware of too many things / I know what I know if you know what I mean
40. It’s just one of the days / when you don’t wanna wake up
Dude. I so want to go on a road trip and just blare the radio.
I’m off to update my ipod now so I can have my own sing along on the way to SnB tonight.