The insurance apparently has been fixed – we’ve been added to Dan’s insurance through work – I can leave the house again! 🙂
In all the digging I’ve been doing, I’m composing a rather nasty letter to send off to Connecticare, Blumenthal (the state AG), my former employer, the CT Dept. of Insurance and CT Dept. of Consumer affairs. Apparently dropping a pregnant woman from COBRA insurance due to an employer’s nonpayment of premiums is quite ugly and unfair, but somehow still legal. Yes, we have insurance now, and I should probably stop the whining, but I’m sorry, that’s just not right. There’s something seriously wrong with healthcare in America.
Photos of knitting are coming. Really. Life somehow keeps interferring. Here are the highlights of my weekend.
1) My brother had a comedy show this weekend. He was fantastic! And even better, this show was a contest and he was one of two winners that get to perform for an HBO booker for an HBO comedy show! I’m so proud! He’s really got a gift for stand-up.
2) Met with a pediatrician for the baby-to-be. She knows about Gilmore Girls. Awesome.
3) Got a letter from my former place of employment that “due to nonpayment of premiums, Connecticare has terminated the health insurance plan” – even mine that I was COBRA-ing. This I don’t need. 8 months pregnant. 3 doctor appointments between now and November 1st. One of which is this Friday. I hope (but have no idea) that on Monday I can call them, offer to pay, and get back insured with them immediately.
4) Talked with my grandmother this morning. Told her about how I won a ribbon at the town fair for the knitted socks. She replies with “Oh, that reminds me, I need you to make me something!” Sure, for Gram, anything. “I want you to make me a doorknob cover. Round. White or navy blue or whatever you have. Right now I’ve got a sock and an elastic on there. You’re the only one who knits!” Any ideas? I’ll use the powers of google-foo and ravelry…
5) On the way back from the trip to New York, on the train, a gal sat down next to me – I spotted her magazine – the latest Interweave Knits! A knitter!!!! So I asked her what she was working on (Tilted Duster gauge swatch, I’m impressed by her attention to the detail with that!) and she showed me a beautiful shawl she recently finished. And lucky gal, she’s going to Rhinebeck!! Of course ravelry came up and we exchanged user names for that – I sent her a message. I hope I don’t appear stalkerish but hey, you gotta keep the knitting community going, right?