I am so excited that I have finished this particular project – makes me wish it was colder so I could put it to use! Presenting, Juneberry Triangle by Jared Flood, knit in less than 3 skeins of Malabrigo Worsted in the Periwinkle colorway.
I still hate bobbles, but I am glad I included a few of them. Certainly this would look nice with a little bit of sparkle / beads in place of the bobbles.
When I showed it to Dan, his first response was “That has a lot of holes. Is it really going to be warm?” I told him he’d be surprised – and will be jealous of me come winter!
From Ginny (and long have I followed fellow bloggers doing it!) – ~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?
I think I may have found my reading mojo again. Thanks to Wife,Mom,Knitter – she is the one who lent me The Murderer’s Daughters. This book so far has been just right for a summer read. The story is narrated by each of the two sisters from the beginning when their father kills their mother, and continues over their experiences over the next 30 years. Very interesting; and the story really sticks with you. I am about 40 pages from the end and am quite curious as to how it will all be wrapped up.
I’ve been enjoying working on the Juneberry Triangle in Malabrigo (Periwinkle) – charts A through C moved along quite quickly. Now on Chart D, there are bobbles. I am not a fan of bobbles at all and thought about leaving them out of this pattern, but decided in the end they do contribute the “berry” aspect of the pattern. They are not too terrible to work, but they do slow me down. Also this chart requires a bit more attention – I haven’t been able to find the rhythm of the pattern yet. One stitch at a time, one row at a time, it will get there.
I’m pleased to say (quietly for fear of jinxing things, though in my heart I am shouting from the rooftops) we have tackled the potty training issue! Something clicked last Friday and since then it has been all systems go at home and out of the home and one emergency pit stop. The plus side of this going into action this late in the game (so it seems) is that she really is ready – and ready for prizes and praise and special treats, including nail polish on her fingers and toes, gum, and a Tinkerbell dress.
Who is this kid?
I decided that if the Lorax could do something so huge, so could I, so I have recently started (or prepped for)two projects that I have been thinking about for a long time but was hesitant to start.
I like to work from my stash but I have this desire now to actually make a visible dent in stash box. I pulled out the yarn I had put away deep in winter for a “I’ll make that someday” project – Granny Stripes from Attic24. I have wanted to make a new blanket for our bed and this seemed like a fun idea. I had a lot of Caron Simply Soft already in the stash and was able to swap for a few other colors through Ravelry. I must have been thinking about summer in the dead of winter. These colors are not my normal color palette,
After the yellow, I have a limey green to use. I can’t stop calling this project my Neon “Nightmare”. I think I love it. This is a perfect auto-pilot project, and for now, not too heavy to cart around, easy enough to pick up and put down. I hope I am not too ambitious here. I keep reminding myself that my first knit project was a blanket, so for a first “big” crochet project, I have already been-there-done-that. Even if it does not end up on the bed, it should be a great blanket to have around kiddos and a dog and the thrills and spills of everyday life around here.
My second project I am going to dive in on is Juneberry Triangle. I originally intended to work this up in a gorgeous fingering weight yarn I bought at the Knitters Review Retreat, but as I thought about it, I decided I would check the stash for something closer to what the pattern recommends. My next choice was to use a true-to-its-name alpaca (named “Oh so soft” by Delly’s delight) that I bought at Rhinebeck. As I wound it into cakes, the fuzz factor got to me and made me think twice about using that one as well. Back to the stash. The pattern is also worked up in a large size with worsted weight – and I have enough Malabrigo!! Score.
I do have the St.Denis booklet, but decided to purchase the individual pattern as well. As a lefty my stitches go in the opposite direction, so I find it easiest to have any chart printed in a mirror image. I also go back and color code the stitches. Just need to wind up the yarn and I will be all set!
The air conditioning is already on today in anticipation of hazy, hot and humid weather, so these projects will work out just fine for now. I will be picking up the cotton yarns soon (one for a test knit) and returning to the socks!