What a weekend. We had a small family party for Nate’s 2nd – it was a bit last minute in the planning, but in the end worked out just fine. The general theme of construction / trucks worked out well. A few photos!
I got to play a bit in photoshop which was fun, and then of course I was scouring pinterest for ideas too. I picked up a bunch of little toy trucks that Nate is already quite taken with, and even pulled out Jackson’s Halloween costume for part of the decorations! When I saw this post about the caution tape on the inside cake I knew I had to try it. I have to say, having a construction theme works so well for the cake, because if it turns out to be a bit wonky, who cares? It adds character 🙂 It worked out pretty well even though I used boxed mix and store frosting and I’m pleased. I think Nate had a good time, that’s all that matters. Oh yes, the guests had fun too. And to top off the day (or start the next one) we got the news that my brother and SIL had their baby, and we’re looking forward to meeting her this week. That also means I will finally get to share some secret projects this week! Sunday was very much a down day for us – I think we all have party hangover.
Now for the list: 10 Favorite Meals
1. Dessert. I mean really. When I was a kid we had a sign up in the kitchen that said “Life is Uncertain, Eat Dessert First!”. Truth. I especially love dessert for breakfast (apple crisp, brownies, cake – which we have this week, as we only ended up cutting up one of the cakes.)
2. Breakfast: Bacon and eggs, egg sandwiches (especially good for dinner!), pancakes or french toast.
3. Seafood Risotto – there’s a local restaurant that makes a delicious version
5. Thanksgiving Dinner: turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy
6. Lobster Rolls – simple style: lobster + butter + slightly toasted hot dog bun
7. Fish Tacos and Margaritas from the local Mexican place
8. Good pizza topped with lots of meat.
9. Spaghetti and my homemade meatballs (I use Mark Bittman’s recipe)
10. Any delicious meal that I didn’t have to plan for, cook or clean up after!